In 1955 high school students from Center, Gray Hill, Hillcrest, Mountville, Tatum, and Rosemont schools were combined to form Troup High School, with R. Clayton Bowers as principal and a staff of 27 teachers.
The new high school was still under construction at the time of the 1955-56 school term opening and students attended classes in the temporary facilities at Rosemont School. Construction of the building, located on the south side of LaGrange, was completed in January, 1956, and students and teachers moved into the new building during the latter part of the month. The building was constructed at a cost of $350,000.00, and equipped for approximately $100,000.00.
Approximately 600 students in grades eight through twelve were enrolled during the first year. The senior class had 56 students of which 52 received their diplomas in June. The enrollment for the 1956-57 school year was approximately 700 students. With an additional social studies teacher and a vocational office training coordinator, the staff was increased to 29 teachers.
In 1981, discussion began on the consolidation of high schools in three systems in the county - Hogansville, West Point, and Troup County. Financial incentives were made available by the state of Georgia to encourage consolidation of small school districts. While residents of Hogansville voted against the consolidation, the residents of West Point saw the move as a positive change for their students. Planning for a new comprehensive high school was with opening set for the 1986-87 school year.
In September 1986, over 1300 students from West Point and Troup County were housed in the old Troup High building because construction at the new site was still ongoing. Troup County Comprehensive High School was built on the site of the daffodil-covered B.A. Evans farm. The Evans farm earned the title of "prettiest farm between Atlanta and Columbus" in a Spring 1929 contest. The house was razed in 1986 to make way for the new TCCHS building. The first school year in the new building was 1987-88. By 1990, enrollment was approximately 1350 students on the campus comprised of four wings: two academic, one fine arts, and on vocational. The 125,750 square-foot school was built on 69 acres with more that $9 million in state funds.
The next change for Troup High came with the consolidation of schools in LaGrange City and Hogansville into Troup County Schools in 1995. Three high school zones were created with students from the southern rural area of Troup County and West Point being assigned to TCCHS. Enrollment in the 1990s to the present remains around 1400. In 2003, the new Fine Arts Auditorium was completed, providing stat-of-the-art theater facilities with seating for over 750 patrons.