MORNING ANNOUNCEMENT SHEET
Friday, January 13, 2017
- Pledge of Allegiance to the flag.
- Moment of silence.
- Attention all 8th grade girls interested in playing soccer for LaGrange High School this spring! Tryouts will be held Tuesday, January 17th, from 4-6pm at the practice field inside of Granger track at the high school.
- The Jr. Beta Club will be holding a Humane Society drive from January 9th until January 25th. Please bring in animal supplies and food. If you have questions, look for posters on your grade level hallway or see Mrs. Callaway or Ms. Foster on 8th grade hall. The homeroom with the most donations will receive a pizza party.
- If you are interested in joining the track team, there is a mandatory meeting next Monday, January 16th, at 8:00 am. The girls will meet in the gym and the boys will meet at the track. If you have not picked up a physical form, please see Coach Sheffield.
- All boys interested in playing soccer this spring, tryouts begin on Monday, January 16th. Physicals will be due to Coach Keita before you can try out. You can pick up physical and parent consent forms at the front office at LHS. Mandatory preseason workouts are Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursdays at 4:30-5:30pm at Granger Park.
- Thank you to all students that have purchased mustang basketball tickets for Tuesday. We are almost to a number where we will need to designate a student section. Let’s have one final push today and Tuesday to make it happen. The Mustangs and Lady Mustangs want to put on a show for you. See you at the game.
- The Tuesday Trivia question, “At what degrees Fahrenheit does water change from a liquid to a solid?” was answered correctly by many people. Out of the correct responses, Gracie Snellgrove’s name was picked out of the bucket. Gracie, come to the Media Center following announcements for your prize. Listen up on Tuesday for the next week’s question.
- Bring in Box Tops for Education to the Media Center to submit for the school to earn some free money.
- Remember today is ELT Typing.
- All 7th & 8th grade track and field athletes please meet Coach Sheffield in the 6th grade computer lab immediately following the announcements.
12. There is no school Monday! We remember Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. on this national holiday. See you Tuesday!
We are Respectful, Responsible and Ready to learn.
Hope everyone has a great day!