MORNING ANNOUNCEMENT SHEET
Thursday, September 28, 2017
- Pledge of Allegiance to the flag.
- Moment of silence.
- It’s time for our annual food drive. Bring in your non-perishable food items through October 12th and drop them off in the cafeteria on your way in each morning. Our donations will go toward Lagrange High School’s number for the county competition~ Battle of the Harvest, which benefits those in need in our community.
- Coach Manning will be holding boys’ tryouts through Friday from 4:30 until about 5:30pm. Football players will try out Friday at the same times.
- Don’t forget to buy your yearbook before the price goes up again. Right now, the cost is $40. You can buy your yearbook on Wednesday’s and Friday’s during lunch and on Friday mornings beside the gazebo or in Room 814 during C-Block only. Remember to upload your photos on the Josten’s RePlayIn App to be included in the yearbook. We need pictures of you and your friends from the summer as well as 6th grade and baby pictures from our 8th grade students. You can also purchase a yearbook online at Jostens.com.
- Do you like to build things? Are you good at following instructions and putting things together? Do you have experience with using hand and power tools? Does solving problems and working as a team sound fun? At GNMS this year, we have a unique opportunity for the 7th & 8th graders to build an electric car for the Greenpower Challenge and race against other school teams. We are looking for 15 girls and boys for our team. Greenpower Challenge will be taught as one course for the next 3 nine weeks. Stop by Mrs. Huberdeau’s room today between classes to pick up an application. Applications are due this Thursday.
- Students do you know a teacher who plans field trips, organizes community volunteer projects, and invites speakers to classes to help students develop a better understanding of democratic values and beliefs. If so, please see Mrs. Pike for more information on nominating a teacher for the VFW Teacher of the Year award.
- Want to see your C block teacher KISS A PIG? Bring in your items for the food drive now through October 12th. Be sure to drop off with a Jr Beta member in the cafeteria each morning. The C Block who donates the most will get to see their teacher KISS A PIG.
- The lost and found pile in the gym will be cleaned out on Friday. If there are any items you are missing please check during break or lunch.
- Math Club dues and applications are due by Friday, October 13th. In order to be a member, both the application and the dues must be turned in. You may turn them into Mrs. D. Webb in room 717 or Ms. H. Jones in room 710.
- Mrs. Foster will be available to tutor during lunch Friday. If you need help, bring the work you need help with to her office during your lunchtime.
We are Respectful, Responsible and Ready to learn.
Hope everyone has a great day!