Troup County School System (TCSS) is currently working with Dr. Bill Daggett and the International Center for Educational Leadership (ICLE).
Dr. Daggett is the Founder and Chairman of ICLE and he and his team has assisted hundreds of school systems in a number of states with improvement efforts. He inspires audiences to embrace what is best about our education system and make necessary changes to meet the needs of all students in the 21st century.
In August 2015, Dr. Daggett visited Troup County and spoke to the entire TCSS employee base, business partners and community leaders. His philosophy of meeting all student needs through a variety of ways resonated with the audience. ICLE has completed an assessment review of TCSS using:
- School Observations
- Classroom Observations
- Gauging Student Engagement
- Surveys for Employees, Students and Parents
- Lexile Study of Reading Demands in Troup County - Personal Use and Business Reading Materials
COLLEGE AND CAREER READY STUDENTS
After the assessment review, TCSS began an intensive focus on providing a rigorous curriculum, relevant learning, and building meaningful relationships. Each teacher and administrator participates in professional learning and coaching throughout the summer and school year. This training:
- Challenges educators to think differently to prepare students to be college and career ready
- Helps educators learn to design instruction that brings rigor and relevance into the classroom
- Uses proved best practices from the 25 most rapidly improving elementary, middle and high schools in the country
- Provides a baseline for conducting school and classroom observations for rigor and student engagement
- Provides survey input from teachers, students and parents; providing trend data for each individual school and creating positive school culture