GNMS dress code reminder-
If leggings are worn, a dress or shirt must be finger tip length.
There should not be any holes above the finger tip that are not patched. If a student has holes in his/her jeans above the knee and leggings or gym shorts are worn, this is still a violation of dress code. Only a patch is acceptable.
Students who do not meet dress code will need to get a change of clothes from home and sit in ISS until a change is brought.
Per the GNMS Student Handbook:
*Any attire that disrupts the learning environment, as deemed disruptive by the school administration, is not allowed.
*Fingertip Rule: Dresses, skirts, shorts and holes-in-clothes must be below the fingertips when arms and hands are extended DOWN. Leggings and jeggings may be worn if underneath dress or skirts.
* Pants must be worn at the waist. “Busting slack” is not allowed. This rule applies even if other garments are worn underneath the visible holes. No holes in pants (above the fingertips).
*Blouses/tops on girls should fall below the waist. TEST - When both arms are fully raised above the head, no skin at the waist shows. No strap tops, midriffs, or low-neck tops are allowed 5
* No clothing promoting tobacco, alcohol, violence, drugs, promiscuity, or gangs is allowed. Obscene words or pictures, violence, or obscene language may not be worn on any clothing.
* No sunglasses unless prescribed for wearing inside are allowed.
* No hats, do-rags, combs, curlers, or wave caps can be worn in school.
* Undergarments should never be visible.
* No bandanas will be permitted.
* Personal grooming (brushing/combing hair, applying makeup, etc…) should only take place in the restroom. ? No dog collar type accessories allowed.
* No chains (except necklaces).
The entire handbook is available under the School Links tab.