Virtual Graduations Valedictorians Meals Families Drive Thru Meals Attendance Awareness Welcome Back GNMS Shannon Gipson Retirement TCSS Awarded for Parental Involvement

School News & Announcements

HB 251 School Choice Applications Now Available

Troup County School System parents and legal guardians of kindergarten through twelfth grade students may request a transfer to another school in the district under House Bill 251. If granted, the transfer will be in effect for the 2020-2021 school year.

All applications and supporting documentation must be received by July 6, 2020. All mailed applications and supporting documentation must be postmarked by July 6, 2020. To apply or find out more information, go to where the following is available:

  • Application for transfer
  • Parent information sheet
  • List of schools with available classroom space

HB 251 Parent Information

HB 251 Transfer Application

HB 251 School Space Listing


06/25/20: Zyshonn Morris Ready for Kennesaw State Zyshonn

Zyshonn Morris just graduated from Troup High School and is excited about the possibilities of attending Kennesaw State University in August. He’s also excited about scholarships he has received to stifle the financial burden. Morris said, “I am going to be the first generation college student. Some people in my family didn’t graduate high school so that’s a big accomplishment for me within itself. I not only want to go to college, I want to complete college. I don’t want to have to worry about the finances and I don’t want finances to stop me from really meeting my goal.”

Read entire story here

Summer Meals Continue!

Summer Feed Continues

View All News

Upcoming Events