Troup County School System will provide educational opportunities that inspire learners to be independent, successful, and happy.
The mission of the Troup County School System is to educate all students in a challenging and safe learning environment, so they will become productive citizens in a diverse and changing world.
- Ensure all students achieve at their highest level of academic performance.
- Provide a safe, secure, and wholesome learning environment.
- Engage all students, staff, families, businesses, and the community in the educational process.
- Maximize efficiency and productivity in pursuit of the system’s mission.
Rigorous and Relevant Instruction
Culture Focused for Success
Media Center Mission
The mission of the media program is to acquire, organize and provide access to information and knowledge in support of the Troup County School System mission statement and district goals.
To achieve this, we:
- provide and maintain resources in all formats that support the curriculum
- energetically integrate media and technology resources and services into the instructional activities of the school
- cooperatively plan with teachers to design units of instruction and learning strategies that meet the needs of all students
- stimulate interest in reading and using information and ideas to promote confidence and critical-thinking skills
- encourage and provide tools for self-education outside the classroom
- participate in programs for professional growth
The media center is the heart of the school and a vital component in the development of lifelong learners. It should foster an inviting, stimulating, positive atmosphere to provide sound learning experiences. The Media Specialist is responsible for creating and maintaining this atmosphere and in guiding students and faculty in becoming effective users of ideas and information.