Dear Troup County School System Community – We are closely tracking the news of the new coronavirus. While we have no confirmed cases here in our schools, it is important to us to be actively monitoring notifications from state and national experts in the field and sharing available information with you.
We are working closely with the local Department of Health and following the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and World Health Organization’s recommendations to prevent any infection of a respiratory virus. We ask that you do the same in your spheres of influence. The CDC recommends that you:
- Keep children who are sick at home. Don’t send them to school.
- Teach your children to stay at least three feet away from people who are sick.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Wash your hands often, with soap and water, for at least 20 seconds.
- Use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol if soap and water are not available.
- Stay home when you are sick.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces.
Coronavirus Fact Sheet from CDC